Thursday, January 27, 2011

Why this blog?

I recently started reading "Acharya Vaibhavam" by Visishtadvaita Research Centre. I realized that having been out of touch with reading in Tamil for so long, it is a struggle for me. I am captivated by the history and bhakti entwined in the book and want to do something to make it available for those interested who could have the same issues as me - hence this blog.

It is impossible to capture the nuances of the original text - a lot gets lost in translation. Maybe some qualified Bhagavathas can attempt that. But until something becomes available, I will keep trying.

It is not my intent to commit any copyright violation - I am merely sharing the information in this book. If you like what you read here, I am sure you will go out and buy a copy for your own if you are a native Tamil speaker! This is a must own for those interested in Vaishnavism.

No comments:

Post a Comment